Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Tenimenti Angelini "Trerose" Vino Nobile di Montepulciano 2007

Here we go- our second wine review this week! This one is a Vino Nobile di Montepulciano, which is a fancy name for a sangiovese wine from Montepulciano. Another pretty good one, so let's get to it!

This particular wine has a clearish red with a brown edge. It looks pretty fancy if I do say so myself. It looks deep from the width of the glass, but from the top to the bottom it's actually fairly light. The wine has a visible thin figure with short and skinny legs.

As I said with the Brunello I reviewed earlier today, this wine also has that classic sangiovese nose. It has forest notes and some elegant fruit. It was aromatic and barky (and I don't mean like a dog, I mean like tree bark. So that's all oak.) There was an anise and mint note as well, and most of the fruit was relatively withdrawn. It was almost as if the wine was trying to hide something from me, which is pretty sneaky if you ask me.

In flavor it was very juicy, with an upfront spice on the lip. A green note takes root early on and then reappears into the finish. The fruit, as in the nose, was light and hidden. There was a bitter mid-palate that caught some wild fruit favors. Ultimately however, the flavors weren't the feature of this wine. It was all in the mouthfeel for me, it was light bodied, it had a sharp acidity, and some solid tannins.

This is essentially just another wine that is meant to be had with food. Brie cheese and fresh bread is this wine's soul mate- so I suggest you go that route if you ever have a Vino Nobile in the future.

I'm getting tired of these food wines, fellas. In the coming days I'll try to have a wine that can stand on its own, something that actually excites me a little bit. I apologize for these boring wines, but we should remember that not all wines can get us riled up. Wine isn't always flashy, sometimes it's quite dull. Then again, I'm sure the producers of this particular wine think otherwise, so don't always take my word for it! See ya soon, guys- thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment